- Explain the importance of Salesforce user records.
- Explain the difference between deactivating and freezing a user record.
- Explain how a user can become locked and unlocked.
- Explain the concept of record ownership.
- Describe the capabilities of queues.
- Describe which objects support queues.
- Explain the difference between user and feature licenses.
- Explain how licensing influences what actions a user can perform.
- Explain the implications of user localization settings.
- Describe the translation capabilities of Salesforce.
- Describe the different methods that can be used to authenticate to Salesforce.
- Describe identity verification, and under what conditions it occurs.
- Describe how to monitor and remove activations.
- Describe the security token, and under what conditions it is required.
- Describe the steps required to login as another user.
- Describe a session, and what settings influence sessions.
- Describe how to monitor and remove sessions.
- User Setup – Module Checkpoint
Describe identity verification, and under what conditions it occurs.
Identity verification (previously referred to as device activation or computer activation) requires that the user take an additional step to complete the authentication process from an unidentified device. This step is typically to enter a challenge code delivered via email or text message.
This process is designed to prevent unauthorized access to Salesforce.com, particularly in the event of a hijacked username and password.
Identity verification is typically required when a) there is no cookie in the browser indicating a previous login AND b) the user is connecting from OUTSIDE of a trusted network (or no trusted network is declared).
Resources for this Objective
Salesforce.com User Authentication
Video Must 14m CertifiedOnDemand.com
ARVE Error: API endpoint returned a 403 error. This can occur when a video has embedding disabled or restricted to certain domains.
Documentation Could Short Salesforce.com
“When a user logs in from outside a trusted IP range and uses a browser or app we don’t recognize, the user is challenged to verify identity.”