- Explain the importance of Salesforce user records.
- Explain the difference between deactivating and freezing a user record.
- Explain how a user can become locked and unlocked.
- Explain the concept of record ownership.
- Describe the capabilities of queues.
- Describe which objects support queues.
- Explain the difference between user and feature licenses.
- Explain how licensing influences what actions a user can perform.
- Explain the implications of user localization settings.
- Describe the translation capabilities of Salesforce.
- Describe the different methods that can be used to authenticate to Salesforce.
- Describe identity verification, and under what conditions it occurs.
- Describe how to monitor and remove activations.
- Describe the security token, and under what conditions it is required.
- Describe the steps required to login as another user.
- Describe a session, and what settings influence sessions.
- Describe how to monitor and remove sessions.
- User Setup – Module Checkpoint
Describe the translation capabilities of Salesforce.
There are multiple tiers of language support in Salesforce. The tier of language support will determine which standard components are translated by Salesforce. Components that are not translated will use the organization’s default language.
- Fully Supported: translates all standard fields, objects, and setup menu
- Example: French | Tabs & Fields Translated | Setup Menu Translated
- End User: translates all standard fields and objects, but not setup pages
- Example: Hungarian | Tabs & Fields Translated | Setup Menu NOT Completely Translated
- Platform Only: no translation of standard objects, field, or setup menu (custom translation only)
- Example: Icelandic | Tabs & Fields NOT Translated | Setup Menu NOT Translated
Custom fields and objects must be translated using the translation workbench (otherwise the untranslated value will be displayed).
Data (e.g. the name “John Smith” in a lead record) is largely not translated (one exception is picklist values, which can be translated).
Resources for this Objective
Localization Settings for Salesforce.com Users
Video Must 9m CertifiedOnDemand.com
Languages support discussed
ARVE Error: API endpoint returned a 403 error. This can occur when a video has embedding disabled or restricted to certain domains.
Documentation Should Medium Salesforce.com
Documentation Could Medium Salesforce.com