- Explain the importance of Salesforce user records.
- Explain the difference between deactivating and freezing a user record.
- Explain how a user can become locked and unlocked.
- Explain the concept of record ownership.
- Describe the capabilities of queues.
- Describe which objects support queues.
- Explain the difference between user and feature licenses.
- Explain how licensing influences what actions a user can perform.
- Explain the implications of user localization settings.
- Describe the translation capabilities of Salesforce.
- Describe the different methods that can be used to authenticate to Salesforce.
- Describe identity verification, and under what conditions it occurs.
- Describe how to monitor and remove activations.
- Describe the security token, and under what conditions it is required.
- Describe the steps required to login as another user.
- Describe a session, and what settings influence sessions.
- Describe how to monitor and remove sessions.
- User Setup – Module Checkpoint
Explain the importance of Salesforce user records.
An active user record is required to login to Salesforce. Active users count against licensing limits, while inactive users do not. Records can only be assigned to an active user or a queue.
Resources for this Objective
Overview of Salesforce.com User Records
Video Must 10m CertifiedOnDemand.com