- Explain the importance of Salesforce user records.
- Explain the difference between deactivating and freezing a user record.
- Explain how a user can become locked and unlocked.
- Explain the concept of record ownership.
- Describe the capabilities of queues.
- Describe which objects support queues.
- Explain the difference between user and feature licenses.
- Explain how licensing influences what actions a user can perform.
- Explain the implications of user localization settings.
- Describe the translation capabilities of Salesforce.
- Describe the different methods that can be used to authenticate to Salesforce.
- Describe identity verification, and under what conditions it occurs.
- Describe how to monitor and remove activations.
- Describe the security token, and under what conditions it is required.
- Describe the steps required to login as another user.
- Describe a session, and what settings influence sessions.
- Describe how to monitor and remove sessions.
- User Setup – Module Checkpoint
Explain the difference between deactivating and freezing a user record.
Freezing a user account will temporarily prevent a user from logging in (e.g. during a maintenance window, or if configuration prevents user deactivation). Frozen users are still active, but they cannot log in.
Marking the user as inactive completely revokes access, and recovers the license(s) that user was assigned. That user will not be able to log in, and can no longer be assigned records.
User records cannot be deleted, they can only be deactivated.
Resources for this Objective
Overview of Salesforce.com User Records
Video Must 10m CertifiedOnDemand.com
Freeze & deactivation discussed ARVE Error: Mode: link-lightbox not available (ARVE Pro not active?), switching to normal mode
Deactivating (Deleting) User Accounts
Documentation Must Medium Salesforce.com
Watch “Removing Users’ Access to Salesforce (Salesforce Classic)”
Freezing User Accounts
Documentation Could Short Salesforce.com
“Let’s say a user just left your company. You want to deactivate the account, but the user is selected in a custom hierarchy field. Because you can’t immediately deactivate the account, you can freeze it in the meantime.”
Considerations for Deactivating Users
Documentation Could Medium Salesforce.com
“A deactivated user doesn’t count against your organization’s available user licenses.”