- Describe Salesforce.com and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Describe the basic functionality of the Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
- Describe what editions Salesforce.com offers.
- Explain the concepts of cloud computing, multi-tenancy, and software-as-a-service (SaaS).
- Explain the different user interfaces available within Salesforce.com.
- Explain how to switch between Salesforce Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic.
- Explain the difference between a field, object, tab, and record.
- Describe the following terms: application, page layout, list view.
- Describe the difference between data and metadata.
- Describe how to navigate the setup menu in Salesforce.com.
- Describe how to navigate to your personal settings in Salesforce.
- Describe the difference between standard and custom components.
- Describe the difference between production and sandbox environments.
- Describe the difference between a Salesforce environment, organization, instance, and pod.
- Describe where to monitor Salesforce.com system status.
- Describe options to get involved in the Salesforce Community.
- Explain how Salesforce provides new releases to their platform.
- Describe options for storing Salesforce.com credentials.
- Describe how to manage multiple concurrent sessions to Salesforce.com
- Learn the behind the scenes story of Salesforce.com origins and success.
- Overview – Module Checkpoint
Explain how to switch between Salesforce Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic.
Switch to Classic from Lightning by clicking your profile picture in the top right, then Switch to Salesforce Classic. Lightning Experience must be enabled.
Switch to Lightning from Classic by clicking your name, then Switch to Lightning Experience. Menu navigation may very slightly based on other configuration. Classic must not be disabled.
Resources for this Objective
Salesforce Lightning and Classic – What’s the difference?
Video Must 7m CertifiedOnDemand.com