- Describe Salesforce.com and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Describe the basic functionality of the Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
- Describe what editions Salesforce.com offers.
- Explain the concepts of cloud computing, multi-tenancy, and software-as-a-service (SaaS).
- Explain the different user interfaces available within Salesforce.com.
- Explain how to switch between Salesforce Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic.
- Explain the difference between a field, object, tab, and record.
- Describe the following terms: application, page layout, list view.
- Describe the difference between data and metadata.
- Describe how to navigate the setup menu in Salesforce.com.
- Describe how to navigate to your personal settings in Salesforce.
- Describe the difference between standard and custom components.
- Describe the difference between production and sandbox environments.
- Describe the difference between a Salesforce environment, organization, instance, and pod.
- Describe where to monitor Salesforce.com system status.
- Describe options to get involved in the Salesforce Community.
- Explain how Salesforce provides new releases to their platform.
- Describe options for storing Salesforce.com credentials.
- Describe how to manage multiple concurrent sessions to Salesforce.com
- Learn the behind the scenes story of Salesforce.com origins and success.
- Overview – Module Checkpoint
Learn the behind the scenes story of Salesforce.com origins and success.
Although not critical for an administrator’s success, understanding the history of Salesforce.com will provide a perspective into the platform that you can’t get elsewhere.
Resources for this Objective