- Describe the components of organization setup.
- Describe the term API, and how API usage differs from using the standard user interface.
- Describe the difference between data and file storage, and where to monitor storage usage.
- Explain the effect of configuring business hours and holidays.
- Explain the effect of changing fiscal year configuration within Salesforce.
- Given a scenario, determine if standard or custom fiscal years is appropriate.
- Describe the implications of enabling custom fiscal years.
- Describe how to configure which languages can be selected when adding or modifying users.
- Describe the impact of currency locale configuration.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce to manage multiple currencies.
- Describe the capabilities of Advanced Currency Management (ACM) in Salesforce.com.
- Organization Setup – Module Checkpoint
Salesforce.com Intro to APIs
Video Should 2m Dan Stone
API is an acronym for “application programming interface.” This video shows an example of API usage: integration of data between multiple systems.
Objectives for this Resource:
API is an abbreviation for application programming interface. APIs allow external programs to interact with Salesforce data. Common examples of API usage include the Data Loader, integrations, and desktop applications such as Salesforce for Outlook.
API usage can be monitored in company information, and is limited within a 24-hour period (whereas standard website usage is not limited). API usage limits depend on which edition of Salesforce you are using and how many user licenses you have.