- Describe the components of organization setup.
- Describe the term API, and how API usage differs from using the standard user interface.
- Describe the difference between data and file storage, and where to monitor storage usage.
- Explain the effect of configuring business hours and holidays.
- Explain the effect of changing fiscal year configuration within Salesforce.
- Given a scenario, determine if standard or custom fiscal years is appropriate.
- Describe the implications of enabling custom fiscal years.
- Describe how to configure which languages can be selected when adding or modifying users.
- Describe the impact of currency locale configuration.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce to manage multiple currencies.
- Describe the capabilities of Advanced Currency Management (ACM) in Salesforce.com.
- Organization Setup – Module Checkpoint
Article Should Short Wikipedia.com
The 4–4–5 calendar divides a year into 4 quarters. Each quarter has 13 weeks, which are grouped into two 4-week “months” and one 5-week “month”.
This type of fiscal quarters (weeks instead of months) would require custom fiscal years to configure in Salesforce.
Objectives for this Resource:
Standard fiscal years have 4 quarters, 3 months per quarter; the administrator can configure the start or end month of a standard fiscal year.
Custom fiscal years allow fiscal quarters to be determined by week, instead of by month; custom fiscal years should only be used when standard fiscal years are inadequate.