- Describe how security is structured in Salesforce.com.
- Explain how to determine what security permissions are required in order to complete an action in Salesforce.com.
- Describe profiles and their influence on security.
- Describe the significance of the Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface setting.
- List and describe the standard Salesforce profiles.
- Explain when to create a custom profile in Salesforce.com.
- Describe permission sets, and common use cases where they are appropriate.
- Describe the settings an administrator controls to conditionally allow or prevent user authentication.
- Describe how Organization-Wide Defaults (OWDs) influence security.
- Describe how the sharing button can be used to monitor record access and facilitate manual record sharing in Salesforce.com.
- Describe the significance of a user’s role and Grant Access Using Hierarchies on record security.
- Given a scenario, determine how to properly structure the role hierarchy.
- Describe the impact of role configuration on accessing records related to an account (contacts, cases, opportunities).
- Describe sharing rules, and when their usage is appropriate.
- Describe the different types of groups available in Salesforce and when their use is appropriate.
- Describe when to select Grant Access Using Hierarchies when configuring a public group.
- Describe a queue’s influence on security.
- Describe how access to list views, documents, email templates, and similar information is secured in Salesforce.com.
- Describe the permissions required to transfer (change ownership) a record in Salesforce.com.
- Describe delegated administration, and when its usage would be appropriate.
- Describe the significance of the View All and Modify All permissions in Salesforce.com.
- Security – Module Checkpoint
Describe the settings an administrator controls to conditionally allow or prevent user authentication.
Login IP Ranges are used to prevent login except from specific IP addresses.
Login Hours are used to prevent login during certain hours of the day.
The permission (profile/permission set) API Enabled is required for a user to authenticate via the API.
Resources for this Objective
Who Sees What: Data Visibility How to Series
Video Must 50m Salesforce.com
See “Who Sees What: Organization Access”