- Describe the components of organization setup.
- Describe the term API, and how API usage differs from using the standard user interface.
- Describe the difference between data and file storage, and where to monitor storage usage.
- Explain the effect of configuring business hours and holidays.
- Explain the effect of changing fiscal year configuration within Salesforce.
- Given a scenario, determine if standard or custom fiscal years is appropriate.
- Describe the implications of enabling custom fiscal years.
- Describe how to configure which languages can be selected when adding or modifying users.
- Describe the impact of currency locale configuration.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce to manage multiple currencies.
- Describe the capabilities of Advanced Currency Management (ACM) in Salesforce.com.
- Organization Setup – Module Checkpoint
Given a scenario, determine if standard or custom fiscal years is appropriate.
Standard fiscal years have 4 quarters, 3 months per quarter; the administrator can configure the start or end month of a standard fiscal year.
Custom fiscal years allow fiscal quarters to be determined by week, instead of by month; custom fiscal years should only be used when standard fiscal years are inadequate.
Resources for this Objective
Salesforce.com Fiscal Year Configuration
Video Must 6m CertifiedOnDemand.com
Article Should Short Wikipedia.com