- Describe the components of organization setup.
- Describe the term API, and how API usage differs from using the standard user interface.
- Describe the difference between data and file storage, and where to monitor storage usage.
- Explain the effect of configuring business hours and holidays.
- Explain the effect of changing fiscal year configuration within Salesforce.
- Given a scenario, determine if standard or custom fiscal years is appropriate.
- Describe the implications of enabling custom fiscal years.
- Describe how to configure which languages can be selected when adding or modifying users.
- Describe the impact of currency locale configuration.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce to manage multiple currencies.
- Describe the capabilities of Advanced Currency Management (ACM) in Salesforce.com.
- Organization Setup – Module Checkpoint
Describe the impact of currency locale configuration.
Currency locale is configured org-wide unless multiple currencies is enabled. This setting determines the formatting of currency fields (e.g. currency symbol and related formatting), but does not impact the numeric values (in the example below, 500 USD becomes 500 GBP – the numeric value remains 500).
Notice the difference between English (United States) – USD and English (United Kingdom) – GBP.
Resources for this Objective
Managing Multiple Currencies in Salesforce.com
Video Must 7m CertifiedOnDemand.com