- Describe the components of organization setup.
- Describe the term API, and how API usage differs from using the standard user interface.
- Describe the difference between data and file storage, and where to monitor storage usage.
- Explain the effect of configuring business hours and holidays.
- Explain the effect of changing fiscal year configuration within Salesforce.
- Given a scenario, determine if standard or custom fiscal years is appropriate.
- Describe the implications of enabling custom fiscal years.
- Describe how to configure which languages can be selected when adding or modifying users.
- Describe the impact of currency locale configuration.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce to manage multiple currencies.
- Describe the capabilities of Advanced Currency Management (ACM) in Salesforce.com.
- Organization Setup – Module Checkpoint
Describe the components of organization setup.
Organization Setup includes a wide range of largely global (impacts all users) settings that will influence how your Salesforce environment operates, including:
Org ID and Edition
Language, Locale, and Currency
Business Hours and Holidays
Monitoring Storage Usage
Monitoring API Usage
… and more
We’ll be going into detail on each of these.
Resources for this Objective
Overview of the Salesforce.com Company Information Page
Video Must 6m CertifiedOnDemand.com