- Describe the components of organization setup.
- Describe the term API, and how API usage differs from using the standard user interface.
- Describe the difference between data and file storage, and where to monitor storage usage.
- Explain the effect of configuring business hours and holidays.
- Explain the effect of changing fiscal year configuration within Salesforce.
- Given a scenario, determine if standard or custom fiscal years is appropriate.
- Describe the implications of enabling custom fiscal years.
- Describe how to configure which languages can be selected when adding or modifying users.
- Describe the impact of currency locale configuration.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce to manage multiple currencies.
- Describe the capabilities of Advanced Currency Management (ACM) in Salesforce.com.
- Organization Setup – Module Checkpoint
Describe the capabilities of Advanced Currency Management (ACM) in Salesforce.com.
Advanced Currency Management (ACM) enables administrators to configured dated exchange rates (e.g. use the exchange rate at the opportunity’s close date instead of a static rate).
ACM can only be enabled if multiple currencies is enabled.
Resources for this Objective
Managing Multiple Currencies in Salesforce.com
Video Must 7m CertifiedOnDemand.com
About Advanced Currency Management
Documentation Should Short Salesforce.com
Dated exchange rates are used for opportunities, opportunity products, opportunity product schedules, campaign opportunity fields, opportunity splits, and reports related to these objects and fields.