- Describe how security is structured in Salesforce.com.
- Explain how to determine what security permissions are required in order to complete an action in Salesforce.com.
- Describe profiles and their influence on security.
- Describe the significance of the Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface setting.
- List and describe the standard Salesforce profiles.
- Explain when to create a custom profile in Salesforce.com.
- Describe permission sets, and common use cases where they are appropriate.
- Describe the settings an administrator controls to conditionally allow or prevent user authentication.
- Describe how Organization-Wide Defaults (OWDs) influence security.
- Describe how the sharing button can be used to monitor record access and facilitate manual record sharing in Salesforce.com.
- Describe the significance of a user’s role and Grant Access Using Hierarchies on record security.
- Given a scenario, determine how to properly structure the role hierarchy.
- Describe the impact of role configuration on accessing records related to an account (contacts, cases, opportunities).
- Describe sharing rules, and when their usage is appropriate.
- Describe the different types of groups available in Salesforce and when their use is appropriate.
- Describe when to select Grant Access Using Hierarchies when configuring a public group.
- Describe a queue’s influence on security.
- Describe how access to list views, documents, email templates, and similar information is secured in Salesforce.com.
- Describe the permissions required to transfer (change ownership) a record in Salesforce.com.
- Describe delegated administration, and when its usage would be appropriate.
- Describe the significance of the View All and Modify All permissions in Salesforce.com.
- Security – Module Checkpoint
Describe delegated administration, and when its usage would be appropriate.
Whereas profiles and permission sets grant full system administration rights, delegated administration allows for administration of a subset of users, permission set assignments, public groups, and objects.
This feature is designed to enable departments within organizations to maintain their own users without requiring full administrative capabilities.
Resources for this Objective
Salesforce.com Delegated Administration
Video Must 10m CertifiedOnDemand.com